Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Twitter a Waste of Time: Miley Cyrus

Celebrity Oops – Twitter a Waste of Time: Miley Cyrus
Celebrity Oops - Twitter a Waste of Time: Miley Cyrus
Teen star Miley Cyrus, who quit Twitter recently, has urged her fans to get rid of internet addictions and concentrate on life.
The 16-year-old star, who deleted her account on the micro-blogging site last week to keep her life private, insists that she is happy with the decision.
The ‘Hannah Montana’ star also hopes that some of her devoted followers will consider ditching their virtual realities for the real world, reported Contactmusic.
“Twitter is not the only thing I am cutting back on. This is not an attack against this particular site, I just think kids all over the world could maybe take a little vacation from Cyberspace. If we spent more time enjoying what we are doing besides tweeting about it, we would enjoy our lives a whole lot more,” Cyrus wrote on her official site.
Upset fans and even Cyrus’s father have been pleading with her to re-open the account ever since she shut it on last Wednesday.
“It breaks my spirit to hear that some of you feel neglected since I deleted my Twitter. I never want to quit entertaining – it is my life, my love, and my passion – but I can’t have my personal life be other people’s entertainment,” Cyrus wrote.
The star has admitted that a conversation with her ‘The Last Kiss’ co-star Liam Hemsworth inspired her to quit tweeting.
“Liam is a wonderful friend and he did not try to make me delete my page, he just helped me realise how much time I was wasting on that site,” she added.

No comments:

Post a Comment