Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sonakshi Sinha has no problem with older co-stars

Sonakshi Sinha may just be 23, but is mature enough to take the challenge of playing the wife to Kamal Hassan who happens to be 33 years senior to her in Tamil-Telugu director Selvaraghavan’s film.
‘Yes, I’m playing Kamal Haasan’s wife in Selvaraghavan’s film. Why should that be a problem?
Once you are in front of the camera, your age should not matter. I never felt like a child while working with Salman Khan (who is 45) in ‘Dabangg’ and now with Akshay Kumar in ‘Joker’. I will be respectful but an equal on the sets with Mr. Kamal Haasan,’ explains the confident new comer.
‘In real life, age makes no difference in a marriage. On screen too your biological age is of no consequence. I’ve been acknowledged for being different from my female colleagues. Let me enjoy this difference,’ she adds further.
The actress has already started her preparations for the role. To begin with, she has asked the entire crew of Shirish Kunder’s ‘Joker’ in Chandigarh to stop treating her like a child. ‘I’m not letting them treat me with kid’s gloves. I’ve made it very clear that Akshay, Shirish, Farah Khan, Shreyas Talpade, Sanjay Mishra and the entire team are my friends. It’s the only way to work,’ she said.
She is not only taking help from her father to learn Tamil and Telugu, but also intends to watch Kamal Haasan’s film ‘Hey Rama’ where the actor was married to Vasundhara Das, at least 25 years his junior.
sonakshi

No comments:

Post a Comment