Monday, April 4, 2011

Not my best, yet my most important: Gambhir

Mumbai: Gautam Gambhir played the most important knock of his life when he hit 97 to revive India from an early collapse against Sri Lanka in the World Cup final at Mumbai. Gambhir had this to say about his performance....

Its been a privilege playing for India and the feeling of winning the World Cup hasn't sunk in as yet.

Had I scored a century it would have been the icing on the cake..but more than the century, winning the World Cup was much more important.

Obviously if you have worked so hard we should get the original trophy, it wasn't like a bilatteral series or a small tournament so we will be happy only if we get the original trophy.

This was not the best innings I have played but definitly the most important innings of my life. My best is still yet to come. We were 0 for 1 and the entire country's expectation was there.

I think people and the media have been saying a lot about my form.... that I wasn't in good form..I am still the second highest run getter and if that is not good enough then I don't know what is good enough. I think 4 half centuries from 9 games and in every game there has been a contribution ...

No comments:

Post a Comment