Monday, April 25, 2011

Abhishek don’t want to be compared with his dad ‘Amitabh Bachchan’


Abhishek’s father Amitabh Bachchan has played cops role in lots of movies. Now Abhishek Bachchan is also coming again in a role of cop for ‘Dum Maaro Dum’.
He explains about his role and says, “I enjoy playing a cop. Every boy grows up, playing chor-police. If you’re an actor, one of the things on your bucket list is that you have to play a cop.”
Earlier also he had played this role in Dhoom, Dhoom 2, Zameen and again coming in uniform in Dum Maaro Dum (DMD) and for the sequel of Dhoom 2.
He spoke about his role in DMD, he explains, “It’s a fun character. When I heard the script, I automatically gravitated to the character. He is very intense, but has a very wry sense of humour. It was a challenge and that’s why I chose to do it.”
He further added, “I’ve played a police inspector in a couple of films. But it’s the script that has to excite you. And comparing me with my dad just because he’s played a cop too, in many of his movies, is slightly unfair.”
Abhishek’s last movie’s Khele Hum Jee Jaan Sey, Game and Raavan have been flopped at the box office. He is expecting that DMD would be the biggest hit of the year.
He further talks about his films, “I review my films, irrespective of box office figures… (though) there’s always a pressure to deliver a hit. I don’t know any one actor who delivers only hits. There has been no actor in the history of Indian cinema, who has only given hits. We all have our share of success and failure. You just have to take it in your stride and improve.”
Currently Abhishek has lots of projects to work in — Players, Ladies and Gentlemen, Bol Bachchan, Dostana 2, Dhoom 3 and a Puri Jagannath

No comments:

Post a Comment