Sunday, April 17, 2011

Some Leading heroines are puppets: Neha Dhupia


Neha Dhupia is certainly on a re-invention spree. She had two successful films to her name early this year in the form of Mithya and Singh Is Kinng. Now soon after the release of Dasvidaniya, where she had a relatively smaller role to play though, she appeared in Maharathi. With the kind of films she is currently associated with, the ones where there isn’t a conventional hero-heroine pairing, does it indicate bye-bye to lead roles?
“Tell me if you see actresses anyways doing something special in commercial films,” Neha questions back.
She goes on to state, “So many leading ladies are being merely puppets. Not that I have not done that or won’t be doing that, but then I am also taking up other roles to balance it all out. In fact one such film where I get to enjoy the best of the both worlds is Raftaar. It has a very balanced out characterisation.”
2009 looks bright too for Neha Dhupia with quite some variety of films lined up for
release.
“Yes, after a busy 2008, I would be seen and heard a lot around in 2009 as well,” says Neha.
“There are movies like Raat Gayi Baat Gayi and I Am 24 which are completed and should release early 2009. Then I have also just completed Pappu Can’t Dance Saala.
Raftaar with Emraan Hashmi is a film I am looking forward to. I would also be beginning work on Priyadarshan’s De Dana Dan with Akshay Kumar and Katrina Kaif,” she ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment