Sunday, April 17, 2011

I am a sexless person: Kangana



She might be known for playing troubled characters, but Kangna Ranaut says that in real life, she’s more confident and content compared to when she started out.
I’m very calm and at peace now. Things are different, I’m more confident, know what I’m talking about, have learnt a lot… I’ve matured,” she says.
But she hasn’t been around for very long, has she? Kangna says that though she had an unconventional start in the business, she had the patience to wait for people to accept her the way she is. “People take some time accepting something new. I did not come to the industry with a typical look and style, like other actresses do. Many of them commented on the way my hair is, the way I look, the way I talk and how thin I am. But all this did not affect me because Gangster did well and I knew that I’d worked very hard in the movie. The movie will always be a very special part of my life. And now, when people have accepted me, they say that I compete with myself with every role. It’s a great feeling!”
But it hasn’t been all peaches and cream. Kangna had a very public falling out with friend and ‘benefactor’ Aditya Pancholi, didn’t she? “I was very young when I joined the industry,” she says, being careful with her words. “I could not differentiate between right and wrong. There were people who helped me and were really sweet to me. But soon, those people started to think that they owned me. I paid off all my debts and I’m free now – free of all that, and like I said, more mature. The problem is that our industry can intoxicate anyone. That’s why I believe no actor should take their star status seriously. If they do, then they lose it! Thankfully, I’m not one of them,” she says.
She’s on a high with the success of Fashion, but perhaps that’s the reason she stands by her previous films too. “I am proud of all the movies I have done so far. Fashion is one of them. I feel that Woh Lamhe could have shaped up a bit better, but hey, no regrets there either,” she says.
And is life pleasant now with Shekhar Suman’s son Adhyayan? “Yes, I have been dating him for the last eight months and that’s all I’ll tell you,” she says, quickly now. “I want this to be personal. I hope everyone respects that.” Alright, then, some time ago, she had been quoted saying that when she is alone, she either likes to be left alone with a bottle of wine or listen to music. “That was a long time ago. It is just music now and some heart-to-heart with myself.” And what about the tag of being a ‘sexy lady’? “Sexy and me don’t go together in the same line. In fact, I am a sexless person!”

No comments:

Post a Comment